Toad in the Hole recipe
Posted: October 13, 2014 • Posted in: Recipes
A comfy meal for those long winter evenings together.
There are lots of recipes available but here at the Taste of Suffolk believe this to be the simplest and best proven recipe
- Taste of Suffolk premium pork sausages 400g
- 3 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 300ml milk
- A pinch of salt
- Lard, or vegetable oil or good old dripping
- Gently fry the sausages to add colour and set aside
- Beat 3 eggs together and gently add a little at a time to the flour mixing well.
- Add the milk and salt and mix to a smooth mixture
- Put the batter in to the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the lard/oil in a large ovenproof dish until smoking hot.
- Add the sausages and batter and cook for approx. 30-45 minutes at 200-220c until golden brown
- Serve and enjoy